I hear you, but I think this is leavened with the tongue firmly in
cheek (and, to me, the casualties seem evenly divided between males
and females).  After all, George the heroine became part of
the "reaper" team after being killed by a toilet.

In the last episode I saw, George is sent to collect a soul.  You
don't know who the soul is but several candidates seem likely.  A
young couple is standing on the boardwalk watching a street juggler
juggle bowling pins.  The are arguing about whether or not to place a
few dollars in the street juggler's hat.  As they are arguing young
boys on skateboards zip back and forth and the street juggler
switches from juggling bowling pins to juggling machetes.  As the
street juggler is juggling machetes the man of the young couple bends
dangerously close to place a tip in the juggler's hat.  A
skateboarder loses his skateboard and you are lead to believe the
young man is about to be decapitated but in the very next scene you
see him walking away oblivious - until the errant skateboard hits him
and knocks him over the boardwalk railing to his death.

Earlier in the episode a college student is killed when some frat
boys playing with a canister of full of some unstable gas, lose
control of it and the canister propels like a missile, impaling the
clueless young man.  He is later shown sitting on a campus bench
where he sits dazed and confused until one of the reapers leads him
away.

Each reaping is set up like some intricate Rube Goldberg contraption
and part of the fun of the show is seeing how the unsuspecting reapee
buys it.

I think one of my favorite episodes featured Blair Underwood as a
yoga instructor who Mandy Patikin becomes fond of - a student of -
before realizing he is the person he has come to reap.

There is a melancholy in the show's unsentimental sentimentality
appeals to me.

~rave!

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> the couple of shows I saw were a bit...disturbing. A lot of
aductions, desmemberings, kidnappings and torturing and rapes. It
seemed to deal with the sickest of the sick, and women were often the
victims. Made me a bit queasy....

> From: Bosco Bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Thanks. I knew the name, I just couldn't think of it. I liked it ok
when I saw it.

asleep, not to know a Shemar show...

> Bosco Bosco [EMAIL PROTECTED] com&gt; wrote: He was out of the Dead
Like Me Movie because of other commitments, a network crime show
who's name escapes me. If the series gets a green light for rebirth,
he is rumored to be returning. he's off the network crime show so
it's seems at least plausible that they may bring it back

aladvantage. com&amp;gt; wrote:

> From: Tracey de Morsella &amp;lt;[EMAIL PROTECTED] aladvantage.
com&amp;gt;

&amp;amp;lt;ironpigs3@ . ..&amp;amp;gt;