From: African-Americans in Higher Education
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ahmed, Amer
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [AFAMHED] FW: Def Poet & Educator Mark Gonzales quits Jordan
H.S.(Watts) in protest

My friend Mark Gonzales has been teaching at Jordan H.S. for the past two
years.  Below is an email he sent to friends announcing his resignation and
his perspective on the circumstances surrounding Karen Salazar's firing as
well as recommendations for action going to address the situation.

Amer Ahmed

Associate Director

Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs (MESA)

University of Michigan - Ann Arbor

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]