Movie Reviews: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0551746/

15 August 2008 10:36 AM, PDT

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI1MDIwMTczOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI4MD
E3MQ@@._V1._SY90_.jpg

With each new release of a Star <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/>  Wars
movie, the reviews grow harsher. The animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1185834/>  is being shot down by critics as if
it were a target in a video game -- with which it is being compared. Roger
Ebert <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001170/>  in the Chicago Sun-Times says
that producer George Lucas <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000184/>  has
reduced the franchise "to the level of Saturday-morning animation." It is,
he writes, "a deadening film that cuts corners on its animation and slumbers
through a plot that (a) makes us feel like we've seen it all before, and (b)
makes us wish we hadn't." Joe Neumaier in the New York Daily News regards
the film as "the latest indignity" to Star Wars
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/>  fans. Linda Barnard in the Toronto
Star comments that Lucas <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000184/>  has "whored
out the much-loved Star Wars <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/>  saga."
And while some critics suggest that small children may enjoy the film, Jason
Anderson in the Toronto Globe & Mail warns, "parents may be perturbed by the
film's relentless violence." But Nathan Lee actually gives the movie a
left-handed compliment in the New York Times, writing that it "comes as
something of a surprise: it isn't the most painful movie of the year!"
Likewise Roger Moore in the Orlando Sentinel writes that it is "actually
better than expected." And writing in the Los Angeles Times, Michael OrdoƱa
grants that "there's knockout animation, facsimiles of popular characters
and plenty of action. But anyone older than 8 with the majority of brain
functions intact will have a bad feeling about this."

<<image001.jpg>>