*Exactly* what the GOP is hoping for. "Uber-Woman", to steal the Clinton
constituency, regardless of the chasm in their belief systems.

--- On Mon, 9/8/08, ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [scifinoir2] Sarah Palin is female Clark Kent
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 11:14 PM

            http://www.telegrap h.co.uk/news/ newstopics/ uselection2008/
republicans/

2689578/Celia- Waldens-verdict- on-the-Sarah- Palin-look. html

Sarah Palin wants to look as if she's too busy to spend time on her

hair, but the style is carefully thought out.

By Celia Walden

Last Updated: 7:06PM BST 05 Sep 2008

When a woman wants to be taken seriously she can go down one of two

routes: she can read the Economist from cover to cover, inject a

little environmental hand-wringing into her dinner party repertoire

and take a vow never, ever to mention designer footwear in public. Or,

she can tie her hair up and don a pair of glasses.

As a former beauty queen, Sarah Palin - known in her basketball days

as Sarah Barracuda - has a point to make: she's a female Clark Kent

wishing to distance herself from the spandex and big hair of her

cover-girl days; she's a hockey mom encumbered by her looks - or is

she? That luxuriant hair, tied up so impatiently, is as carefully

thought out as the spectacles; (I'm 90% sure they're clear glass).

"Palin wants it to look as if she's too busy to spend time on her

hair, but this style would take a good hour to do at home," says

Brendan Fowles at Daniel Galvin who "barracuda'd me" for the princely

sum of £75. "She's got very good hair but you need to put curlers in

the whole head first, to get the volume, tie it tightly into a pony-

tail and then pin down the bits at the back so that they look artfully

tousled. The look is feminine without being feminine but quite

repressed, and because of that oddly sexy."

Odd? Definitely. Sexy? No. But I left the salon feeling righteous,

bossier than a sat-nav and dangerously contained.

The look Mrs Palin has perfected, offering the world a tantalising

glimpse of her inner fox, is a winner. Her husband is the only one who

gets the barracuda unleashed. Poor wholesome Todd had better not let

the side down or Sarah'll get her gun.