What role would you cast him in for a "Fantastic Voyage" remake?

From: "Omari Confer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
You get props for being clever...and Morton belongs on a cast of ....some other
movie..

Maybe a Fantastic Voyage remake......

c w m

Only 3.2? Dude, that's at least worth a 4.2!  :)   I was reaching with China
'cause I wanted to be clever and recast Will Robinson as a girl, but hell, i
couldn't think of any other young Sisters at 2 in the am!

I struggled with Morton, but I also remember what a great actor he is--far
better than "Eureka" demands. Some of his work in indie stuff with the likes of
John Sayles has been great. Also, i wanted to go with a Doctor Smith that toned
down the silly, mustache-twirling aspects of the villain that the series
character became, and that were touched on by Gary Oldman in the movie.   I
thought of a Doctor Smith who's the best kind of villain: the one who's doing
something because he thinks it's right. less of a cackling menace, or
buffoonish comedy relief ("The pain...the pain") but a real force of danger
who's making choices he sees as difficult but necessary, and does them with
ruthless efficiency. Kind of like the guy who played Codos the Executioner was
in the original Trek ep, "The Conscience of the King". I also hail back to the
first handful of "Lost in Space" eps when Doctor Smith was ruthless and cold,
when he ordered the Robot to kill anyone he found alone, when he programmed
the robot to destroy the ship a few hours after launch. That's the Dr. Smith I
loved, not the simpering comedic coward he later became.

So, I thought who could pull off a role of intelligence, strenght, and even a
type of nobility, while still being a bad guy? and I thought, Joe Morton could
do that.

From: "Omari Confer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

ohh you were soo close....

All but two of your picks were amazingly great...

Joe does good as a bad guy...but not good enough...(see Eureka)

And China?

Come on now....

She is the most important character...her and Prof. Smith...

but the other choices are brilliant..

I give your cast a 3.2 out of 5

c w m

My picks:

Professor John Robinson - Chiwetel Ejiofor; alternate, Don Cheadle
Maureen Robinson - Sanaa Lathan; alternate, N'Bush Wright
Judy Robinson - Camille Windbush ("The Bernie Mac Show")
Penny Robinson - Keke Palmer
Wilhelmina "Will" Robinson - China McClain (the smart aleck girl from "House of
Payne"; not the best actress, but would make a suitably irritating genius kid)

Major Don West - Richard Brooks

Professor Zachary Smith - Joe Morton

From: "Omari Confer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

William Hurt cant act......he plays William Hurt in all his movies.

Alright listers...

Cast the new and improved Lost in Space Movie!!!

Maureen Robinson
Major Don West
Judy Robinson
Penny Robinson
Professor John Robinson
Will Robinson
Professor Zachary Smith

Best Cast wins a prize...a date with Gymfig!!!

lol