Because I live under the brutal dictatorship of Time-Warner and my
cable has been out for FOUR FRACKIN WEEKS, I too was forced into the
online underground to view Heroes. Its interesting, because with
online shows and DVRs (when the cable works) I rarely see
television "on-time" any longer. Curious how all of this affects
ratings/viewership.

Oh yes... though Heroes still shamelessly rips off every popular sci-
fi story of the past few decades (everything from the X-Men to Jeff
Goldblum's role as "Brundle-Fly") and I'm not certain what purpose
black-oil-crying-girl serves other than being the "hot Latin chick,"
still rather enjoyed the season debut.

Sin

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey de Morsella" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 'Heroes' Weak on TV, Super Online
>

> 25 September 2008 10:34 AM, PDT
>
> http://ia.media-
imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkxNTI1NTI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA2MD
> U1MQ@@._V1._SY90_.jpg
>
> Although the season debut of NBC's Heroes
> <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/>  was a disappointing bust
Monday
> night with ratings plummeting 23 percent from last year's season
starter,
> the episode turned out to be an enormous hit among those who watch
pirated
> copies of TV shows online. According to the website TorrentFreak, on
> Tuesday, the day following the broadcast, Heroes
> <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/>  was downloaded "well over a
million
> times by BitTorrent users all over the world." The website observed
that the
> downloads represented "the busiest day ever on many torrent sites."
Heroes
> <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/>  executive producer Jesse
> <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0018504/>  Alexander told the website
that he
> believes the illegal downloads actually helps the show, particularly
> overseas, building a fan base before it arrives on the air. "People
watching
> shows such as Lost <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/>  and
Heroes