From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] "Knight Rider" Premieres on NBC Tonight--Awful!
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 11:20 PM

Oh my gosh what a waste of time! The show was horrible from the first--the very
first--scene! It was poorly written, poorly directed, unengaging, cliched,
predictable, and boring. The new male lead was a dude, the show's overloaded
with young women met as eye candy, who for some reason seemed more irritatingly
unbelievable in their roles than usual. The camp/crap factor was really high,
as they conspired to find a way to get the lead actor and actress to strip down
to their underware in the first  ten minutes! (Some junk about Kitt being on
fire due to a napalm attack, and unable to open the doors, so the hapless duo
had to strip down to avoid dying of heat stroke).  And on top of all that, the
camera work actually made me sick, it lurched back and forth so much in an
attempt to convey "action". And I thought Michael Bey brought amateurish video
music camera frenzy to his work! A high school kid with a handheld could have
done better than the
 herky-jerky mess I saw. After trying to stick with it, I snarled with anger
and flipped the channel, exactly fourteen minutes into the show. Will I watch
it again to see if it gets any better?

Quoth the raven , "Nevermore".

From: KeithBJohnson@ comcast.net

Anyone else gonna waste a few brain cells on this?

Well, I'm going on four decades pretty much watching everything scifi or
speculative fiction related that premieres on TV, so I guess this is no
different. Although the TV movie sucked beyond belief, although it actually
made the Hasselhoff show from the '70s look *better*, Imma be a sucker and
watch the "Knight Rider" series debut tonight. It looks really bad: bad
plotting, cliched characters, lame music. But I could use a bit of amusing
distraction nowadays, so hopefully it'll provide some camp fun, full
of laughable moments, implausibilities, and outright ludicrousness  to groan at
and criticize.

And if not--there's always the Prez's speech following!

************ ********* ********* *********

http://www.nbc. com/Knight_ Rider/about/

On the heels of NBC's hit movie, the iconic 1980s television classic comes
roaring back to life as a reinvented, updated and super-charged action series
showcasing the new KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand). Absolutely the
coolest car ever created, KITT is equipped with an "AI" (artificial
intelligence) that is capable of hacking almost any system. Its weapons systems
match that of a jet fighter, and its body is capable of actually transforming
into other vehicles and using sophisticated holographic imagery to elude
villains.
"Knight Rider" stars Justin Bruening ("Cold Case"), Deanna Russo ("NCIS"),
Sydney Tamiia Poitier ("Veronica Mars"), Bruce Davison ("Breach"), Yancey Arias
("Kingpin") and Paul Campbell ("Battlestar Galactica"). David Bartis ("Heist,"
"The O.C."), Doug Liman ("Mr. and Mrs. Smith," "The Bourne Identity") and Gary
Scott Thompson ("Las Vegas," "The Fast and The Furious") are executive
producers. Based on characters created by Glen Larson, "Knight Rider" is from
Universal Media Studios and Dutch Oven Productions.
Credits
Day & time: Wednesdays (8-9 p.m. ET) on NBC
Original premiere date: September 24, 2008
Starring: Justin Bruening, Deanna Russo, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Paul Campbell,
Yancey Arias and Bruce Davison
Recurring: Smith Cho
Executive producers: Gary Scott Thompson, Dave Bartis, Doug Liman, Matt Pyken
Based on characters created by: Glen Larson