From: B. Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [RE][scifinoir2] Horror Marathons on Cable
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, October 31, 2008, 8:44 PM

Fox Movie Channel has been playing Alien and Aliens all week and
Event Horizon was on one of the pay channels this month. Other sci-fi
horrors like Planet of Vampires and Species have been on as well.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, KeithBJohnson@ ... wrote:

> I agree! And I have to say, on further viewing, that TCM is
superiour to AMC because the latter's bringing in some fairly modern
and mediocre stuff that we've all seen --or avoided--before. AMC is
doing a big block of all the substandard Halloween movies today,
followed, I believe by stuff like Jeepers Creepers and Resident Evil.
And FX is also doing a horror marathon, but they do are doing a lot
of more modern junk. I'm not sure which of those two is doing which
movies, but I remember seeing things like the Resident Evil, the
horrible modern remake of "House on Haunted Hill" (the original is
still a classic), etc. Maybe TCM owns more of the classics. And even
though some of the old B&W films aren't that scary to me now, they
somehow bring me more joy than a lot of the FX- and gore-heavy over-
adrenalized films that pass for horror nowadasy. "House on Haunted
Hill", for example, is an embarrassment in its lack of true chills.
So TCM for me, baby!

> From: "Martin Baxter" <truthseeker013@ ...>
> I've been watching TCM's offerings all night long. So far, "Tales
of the Dead" has been tops, because of that cool French
existentialistic angle. And Cartoon Network is apparently cranking
up "Goosebumps" all day long, for those interested.

> ---------[ Received Mail Content ]----------
> Subject : [scifinoir2] Horror Marathons on Cable
> Date : Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:36:19 +0000
> From : KeithBJohnson@ ...
> To : [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com
>
> Meant to drop this yesterday. Both cable channels AMC and TCM are
showing horror movies all day. They started at least yesterday,
though I've been watching stuff on TCM in the evenings all week.
Since they have so many hours to fill, movies are going all the way
back to B&W classics starting the likes of Karloff and Chaney (so
funny to watch the villagers with their pitchforks and torches coming
after the monster!) to more modern fare like "The Fly" remake.
> It's reall enjoyable, especially checking out the old classics. Now
I see why SciFi doens't show more of the classic stuff--the other
stations own it.