Well the History Channel is a prime example of a network that recovered
itself after (IMO) nearly going off the deep end.   As it started of good, then
turned into the "Hitler" channel, then the "Christian" channel, then the
"WWII/America is great/Bush channel" before it finially started puting out some
damn
good science programing that rivals both Discovery and Science.   "Evolve" and
"Jurasic Fght Club" along with "Universe" was my favs (so was "Mega Disasters"
before it went of the deep end in its second season).

Still, as you say I'm all but ready to ditch the channel now and hope someone
starts up a new, real sci-fi channel (and keeps it that way).

-GTW

In a message dated 11/13/08 10:14:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I hear you. Remember how people were criticizing MTV over the years for not
> being a music video channel anymore? But "Real World" aside, a least it was
> doing a lot of music-industry related stuff, like reality shows with
> musicians. If SciFi is to move away from pure scifi programming, there are
> other
> options, like doing bios on science fiction writers, have science-oriented
> shows
> like History Channel's great "Universe", or their shows of future tech
> weapons and such. And there are so many old classic scifi shows, movies and
> cartoons out there I bet they could buy. Surely AMC, TMC, Boomerang, and
> Cartoon
> Network don't own *all* the old scifi stuff?
>
>  I guess you're right about a name change. "Beyond" indeed: beyond my limits
> of patience.

Get movies delivered to your mailbox. One month free from
blockbuster.com
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212639737x1200784900/aol?redir=https://www.blockbuster.com/signup/y/reg/p.26978/r.email_footer)