Keith, my first thought into your statement is that America is a culture that
has been hyperobsessed with ultraviolence for years. We gave the world Dirty
Harry, Die Hard, Lethal Weapon and other paens to carnage.

 Subject : Re: [scifinoir2] Don't See SAW

 Date : Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:28:02 +0000

 From : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

Agreed. Remember a year or so ago there was a news story published about a
recent study on what kinds of horror movies scare people in different
countries? I think Tracey published the article here. One thing it pointed out
was that in Asian countries like South Korea, audiences found the disembodied
sounds of children laughing to be extremely frightening. Americans didn't find
that so much. It seemed to me that other countries' audiences were more into
true suspense, atmosphere, etc., while Americans were about louder, gorier,
more blatant stuff.
Wonder why that is?

From: Bosco Bosco
With horror films, gore or no, it's pretty easy. If it's made by an American
Studio, it's most likely gonna suck. American horror films tend toward extreme
suckage so often that they're rarely worth watching even if you get in for free.