I don't watch any of the "Law and Order" shows regularly. I find their
procedural nature, with minimal character exploration, to be a bit dull and
repetitive over time. But I was scanning the guide tonight and saw that Star
Trek alum Colm Meaney (Chief O'Brien) is guest starring as a nutty polygamist
religious leader. Might be worth taking a look, as Meaney is good in everything
i've seen him in, from small indie films made in the UK, to guest appearances
on Stargate.  And I have to admit, the new cast and new roles for some (Sam
Waterson being the D.A. since Fred Thompson foolishly left to run for Prez) has
made the show better than it's been in years. Especially helpful was the
addition of  Anthony Anderson as a series regular. He's a really good dramatic
actor.