It's a mystery to me why Americans have to remake everything, upping the
violence, gore, sex, idiocy.

From: "marian_changling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I am not optimistic.

It's strange. I've watched several foriegn movies paired with their
American counterparts. The American movies almost always fail with
me. The only exception that I can think of is "The Lake House".
It's not just horror movies that suffer.

"Wings of Desire" became a less worthy american movie, "City of
Angels"
"The Wicker Man" because an absolutely awful American movie.
I prefer "Ringu" to "The Ring".
The Dutch film "The Vanishing" became a lousy film, even though done
by the same director.

On the other hand, other countries eat up our action-adventure
pictures like crazy. Is there a national character that can not be
translated into film? We can make a "Die-Hard" and no one else
can? They can make "Oldboy" and we can't? (and yes, I heard that
there is an American version of that planned.)

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> How do you think it will be changed when it's redone as an
American film?