I watched a few of the of the lifetimes episodes of her series and was
disappointed.  Did you see any of the series?  As a fan of the book series,
how did you feel about the tv show and how it stacked up against the movie?

-----Original Message-----
From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of B. Smith
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:30 PM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Recommend Your Vampire Favorites

The book you described sounds like Agyar by Steven Brust. He also has
some pretty unique vampires in his Vlad Taltos series.

Good call on The Vampire Tapestry. It's a great book.

Some of my faves:

The Blood series by Tanya Huff. Henry Fitzroy is a romance writer in
Toronto. He's also the illegitimate son of Henry VIII who happens to
be a vampire. Vicky Nelson is a private detective who was forced out
of the Mounties due to a particularly nasty case of degenerative
retinitis pigmentosa. Vicky is forced to work with Henry when she
stumbles on a case she can't handle.

The Sonja Blue series by Nancy A. Collins. Sonya was attacked by vamp
and survives as a daywalker like vampire due to medical intervention
as she was dying. She's killing every vampire she encounters and
having a few adventures along the way with other supernatural
creatures. BTW these books predate the first Blade movie.

Rulers of Darkness by Steven Spruill. A vampire detective tale crossed
with a medical thriller. Vampirism is treated as a disease and the
main character wants a cure. Others don't feel the same way.

The Vampire Files by P. N. Elrod. Another vampire detective series.

The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. The war between the wizards and the
vampire courts is a central part of the series.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "marian_changling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>