True. You know, despite his appearance and who he married, I find myself
calling Obama "a man of color", not a "black" man. He is indeed bi-racial, not
just black, and that--excuse the pun--colors his lifeview in many ways.

From: kalpub...@aol.com

I agree with you, Tracey. He, as an African American candidate (although he is
truly multi-racial), cannot appear as favoring one ethnicity over another; but
the fact of the matter is that traditionally, every group wants more
representation and they will be dissatisfied. Even women are very dissatisfied,
but in the end, it is policies and its implementation that will matter most, as
you have pointed out.
Diogenes.

In a message dated 12/24/2008 9:56:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,