Fate, I believe that Keith once posted a statement that R__k B____n had it in
for Avery Brooks in the worst way, even tried to run him off the show by trying
to convince Jonathon Frakes to join the DS9 cast as Tom Riker, but Frakes and
Brooks hit it off big time, and Frakes was too much of a man to blindside him.
Barring that, I figure that B____n crafted the ending of the show to stick it
to Brooks one last time, to say nothing of Paramount's seeming unwillingness to
commit to a DS9 movie to at least sum up that plot line (Sisko's exit without
saying goodbye to Jake, which would've been my fourth time cursing at my TV,
had I not been ill when I finally saw the finale in '05. (The station that ran
DS9 in syndication *really* screwed the pooch, airing the wrong show three
times in a row, if memory serves.))

I doff my hat to you as well, for your inability to subject your computer to
such filth as typing That Word.

As for the Atlantis ending, six words.

This is Skiffy we're talking about.