(begins humming "Werewolves of LaCrosse")

 Subject : [scifinoir2] Re: Sometimes SciFi Movies Do Serve a Purpose

 Date : Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:58:29 -0000

 From : "ravenadal" <ravena...@yahoo.com>

 To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

I don't know how I missed this thread the first time - as I hail from
the great state of Wisconsin - but I found this on IMDB:

Based on actual accounts of werewolf sightings in Walworth County,
Wisconsin, the film follows a local sheriff who is finally forced to
accept that a string of horrifying deaths is linked to a predator
which possesses DNA of both man and wolf.

I also direct you to the "Beast of Bray Road" Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Bray_Road

Man, I tell ya, makes ya proud to be a Wisconsinite!

~rave!

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, keithbjohn...@... wrote:

> So, I'm sitting here on a cold, wet day in the ATL, a little down in
the dumps: bemoaning my fate in life, ranting about the evils of Palin
and McCain, concerned about the economy. Devastated that the Cowboys-
-America's Team--suck (as I'm sure we all are). While trying to take
a nap, I do some channel surfing and decide to see what's on the SciFi
Channel, and what do I find? Some Z-grade movie called "The Beast of
Bray Street". The "plot", as it were, appears to deal with a couple
of dudes who are werewolf hunters, who end up fighting a nubile lass
who is herself a nasty lycanthrope. The plot doesn't matter, of
course, nor does it matter who starred in the film. (Probably unknown
actors who'll end up in adult films later on). What got my attention
was how incredibly, badly cheesy this film was! I mean, the blood
splattering all over the place was fake, the werewolf effect (glowing
green eyes) to start reminded me of Michael Jackson's glowing eyes in
"Thriller", and the final we
> rewolf form was horrible. It was obviously somoene in a bad werewolf
costume!! Remember those old Three Stooges or Albert and Costello
shows where there'd be a fierce gorilla and it was painfully apparent
that it was actually a man in a moldy suit? That's how bad the
werewolf lady was done here. It was so bad I laughed my butt off. And
of course, in the true tradition of all crappy horror movies, there
are contrived moments to draw out the suspense: the gun that works
perfectly until the critical moment, the character so incredibly dumb
that they can't tell the good guy form the bad, the monster
inexplicably taking her time doing the final killing of the final hero
so he can scramble for a gun. It was horribly, badly cheesy, and I
have to say I loved it!

> And the funniest thing? The end credits of the movie stated "This
film is dedicated to the great state of Wisconsin". Huh? So it was
shot there, but why dedicate a werewolf flick to the state? Does
America's Dairyland possess a deep dark secret amidst all those cows
and cheese? Wow--werewolf dairy farmers, there's a scary concept!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds