You know, Keith, I'm having the reverse issue that you speak of:

"We think much alike in that star casting thing. I don't know that I'd cast
Rourke as a Russian, though. I have issues with the frequent casting of
Americans in foreign roles, when surely there are good foreign-born actors who
don't have to fake the accent."

There are so many non-American actors playing Americans in movies, and
especially on TV, of late that I'm beginning to wonder. Someone made the
argument that if you're US-born, your career should be made by your thirties,
so if we want fresh actors (not those tainted by disney, paris hilton, strange
baby names, or weird healthfood or interplanetary religious trends) we have to
go abroad. Bull Hockey! I say... even if I do like Hugh Laurie (loved him in
blackadder) and that guy from Life.

Grayson Reyes-Cole
http://www.graysonreyescole.com
Facebook
Bright Star
When evil is done for the greater good, a price must always be paid...
In Print April 6, 2009