My condolences profound, rave. I know your loss all too well, and share your
pain.

 Subject : [scifinoir2] I suffered a terrible lost today

 Date : Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:40:21 -0000

 From : "ravenadal" <ravena...@yahoo.com>

 To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

I suffered a terrible lost today. When I picked up my morning paper I
discovered that, overnight, I had lost an old and dear friend. The
headline was like a punch in the stomach: Weak sales spell end for 82-
year old chain. I bought my first book at the Harry W. Schwartz
Bookshop. In my sane and sober youth I spent hours meandering through
their original downtown location, a two story emporium that smelled of
books, dust and mold. I saw Ernest Gaines read there. I saw Gloria
Naylor read there. I saw Edward P. Jones read there. I didn't meet
my first wife there but I did gain an introduction to my first book
club. As I sit here, in my basement office, surrounded by hundreds of
the thousands of books I own, I realize the Schwarz Bookshops were the
epicenter of my lifelong love with books. Harry W. Schwartz Bookshops
to close. Wow.

~(no)rave!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds