Thank you, B! I feel better already. And, thinking back, I was honestly
expecting Statham's character, after that fall, impact and bounce, to pop right
back up.

 Subject : [scifinoir2] Re: Afro Samurai: Resurrection

 Date : Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:09:55 -0000

 From : "B. Smith" <daikaij...@yahoo.com>

 To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

They liked it enough to do a sequel whick looks even more insane.

I'm not a big fan of the movie but it had WTF moments to make it ok
to sit through once. Then your brain resets and you just shake your
head and wondered where that hour and a half of your life went. If
you think of it as a live action cartoon the pain isn't quite as bad.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Baxter"
 wrote:

> I think you just said all that can be said on the subject. Half the
time I spent watching this, I was doing the RCA Dog imitation. I
noticed, during the closing credits, that the directors didn't put
their *full* names on the thing, just last names. Must not've been
too proud of their baby...

 Subject : Re: [scifinoir2] Afro Samurai: Resurrection

 Date : Mon, 26 Jan 2009 04:08:30 +0000

 From : keithbjohn...@...

 To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

I went to see "Crank" with my dinner-and-a-movie group. Still want my
money back. I really hated that film. It was just too stupid for
words. It wasn't bad enough to be considered good camp in my opinion.
> Let us know what you think...

> From: "Martin Baxter"
> > Keith, I'm safe there, because the rest of the family will be
watching "Loving
> > Leah", so I'll be able to hear that.
> >
> > Oh, and here';s one I'm sure you won't feel compelled to fit in.
That cinematic
> > tour-de-force "Crank" with Jason Statham, is running on USA as I
type. I'm
> > watching, ready to find the script for a full Mistie treatment.
> >
> > Martin (never knew he was so self-masochistic until now...)
> >

> > ---------[ Received Mail Content ]----------
> >
> > Subject : Re: [scifinoir2] Afro Samurai: Resurrection
> >
> > Date : Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:40:30 +0000
> >
> > From : keithbjohn...@...
> >
> > To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
> >

> > I don't know, Martin. Stiff competition tonight. Over on CBS,
they're airing a
> > new movie, "Loving Leah". It's a sensitive story of a dude who
marries his dead
> > brother's wife, and ought to be filled with angst, drama, and
poignancy. And I
> > think it's a Hallmark Presents movie--and you know a Hallmark
movie is always
> > good for a good cry! :)
> >
> > About the film:
> >
> > A single cardiologist (Adam Kaufman) is persuaded to honor an
ancient Jewish
> > custom by marrying his late brother's childless widow (Lauren
Ambrose) so that
> > the deceased's name will continue on. Janice: Mercedes Ruehl.
Gerry: Ricki Lake.