I didn't think that the screams of ten million fanboys could be that loud...

 Subject : [scifinoir2] No, Megan Fox Isn't Lara Croft

 Date : Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:50:56 -0800

 From : "Tracey de Morsella" <tdli...@multiculturaladvantage.com>

 To : <scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com>,     <ggs...@yahoo.com>,     "'CINQUE'"
<cinque3...@verizon.net>

No,
Megan Fox Isn't Lara Croft

by Elisabeth Rappe
Jan 27th 2009 // 1:40PM

Boys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the latest Megan Fox rumor
has been shot down by the actress herself.

Latino

raid-her-womb-i-mean-tomb-6045> Review first brought the rumor (which
apparently originated in Spain) that Megan Fox was in line to revive the
Tomb Raider franchise. It seems only natural, since Fox is slowly becoming
Angelina 2.0.

However, the rumor machine was wrong again, just like when Fox was
reportedly set to become Wonder Woman. io9

contacted her spokesperson, who denied Fox was involved with Tomb Raider in
any way, shape, or form.

I breathe a sigh of relief at this, as Lara Croft is a character rather near
and dear to my heart. I've cherished a secret hope they would revive the
films (and even

wrote about it, which I'm kind of embarrassed about in retrospect). Fox may
be hot, but she's no Lara. And if io9 is actually going to champion her for
the part, then I'll start my own grassroots campaign and champion Rhona
Mitra  . Not only was she the original
Lara Croft model (here's
 some
photos, you're welcome), but she's racking up a respectable B-movie action
career. The best part? She's actually British, so no wonky accents.

Anyway, I sincerely doubt there will ever be another Tomb Raider film (and I
don't even know if there ever should be)
but Fox's fan base is such that we must report all rumors and rumblings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds