You bet. I'm probably one of the few people who never watched "The Wire",
primarily because I got rid of premium cable years ago, and could never figure
out the order of those frustrating reruns on other channels. They show up all
over the map, often at 2 or 3 am, and I could never find a rhyme or reason as
to when they were shown.

I loved "Homicide: Life on the Street", count it among my top 10 shows of all
time, and I hear "The Wire" is from many of the same creators, so I know I need
to watch it. It's on my list of DVD buys, along with Deep Space Nine...

As for "Fresh Air", I subscribe to it through iTunes, and listen to it on my
iPod when I'm at the gym or working around the house. They archive shows for
months. Speaking of that, did you hear the interview with soul singer Bettye
LaVette a few months ago? She sang at the Inauguration Celebration. LaVette's
one of those many, many, many singers who's more talented than most of those
who ultimately make it, but who didn't catch those breaks herself. But decades
later, she's getting some love. Check out Terry's interview with her, it's
fascinating:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99777150

Fresh Air from WHYY , January 23, 2009 - If you've never heard of Bettye
LaVette, the soul singer who belted out "A Change Is Gonna Come" with Jon Bon
Jovi at the Inauguration Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial on Jan 18., you
may be wondering why. There's a good reason: After a promising start in the
early 1960s, when LaVette had a couple of singles that became R&B hits, things
just didn't work out for her. The 1972 album she recorded for Atlantic that was
supposed to be her breakthrough wasn't released until 2000 when a French
producer licensed it from Atlantic and started her comeback. She released her
most recent CD, The Scene Of The Crime , in 2007.