From: Mr. Worf
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2009 12:11 AM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Looking back at Star Trek and Leonard Nimoy's views

I think that they were afraid to show any overt situations between to same sex
couples but there were subtle things that were mentioned in the show. For
example, the episode when Data was kidnapped by a trader (I don't know the name
of the episode) the trader alluded that he preferred to "have Data in the
nude." He also implied that he had performed a 3way with him and the female
servant.

Another example was a conversation Riker had with Troi. He and the ship was
under the influence of a being and went to visit Troi in her quarters. She
another officer was leaving when he entered. He mentioned his distaste of her
being with other men and women on the ship.

There was also the episode where Riker fell in love with a programmer from
another planet that was of a race of people that were sexless.

DS9 did have a girl/girl kiss between the Trill and another woman.

Anyone remember this stuff? I am working from memory on this.