Just wanted to add something about Uruha's character. In one of the novels
they credited her with coming up with the process for instant translation of
alien languages. The ship receives an alien communication then matches it to
the database of languages in the ship's main computer and creates a
composite of the information. This process is two way. This technique was
created to explain why everyone seems to talk in English.

--
Bringing diversity to perversity for 9 years!