also B.  the one's with Harry's son - the Dweller, were pretty kool.

--- On Wed, 6/3/09, B. Smith <daikaij...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: B. Smith <daikaij...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RE][scifinoir2] Del Toro's The Strain Is An Antidote To Fey
Vampires
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 12:26 PM

      I read the first cycle but never picked the vampire world novels that
featured Harry's sons.

Another great one is Baltimore Or The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire by
Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden. It's excellent.

--- In scifino...@yahoogro ups.com, Augustus Augustus <jazzynupe_007@ ...>
wrote:

> sounds interesting, but here is a question.  has anyone read Brian Lumley's
> Necroscope series?  his vampires are GREAT!  not the Anne Rice or Twilight
> type, but vampires that are evil.  the vampires are infected with a parasite,
> which they call a leech.  each vampire can only sire one other
> vampire....which they do with the passing of an egg.  now they have thralls
> who can become vampires after a considerable time being a thrall.  that is
> because being a thrall, eventually grows into a mature parasite.  they are
> evil, but fun as hell.  a couple of books into the series and we learn the
> origin of vampires on earth started on another world.  it's 14 books in the
> series right now (because another one is goign 2 be released next month).
> the stories center around a guy named Harry Keogh, who is the Necroscope.  he
> has a very unique ability that affords him 2 be the greatest vampire hunter
> ever!  the stories are centered around the ESP Branch
 of