Indeed, and I really, really would love to understand who she is, how long she
observed the "crime", and why she didn't know Gates' face, if not his name.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Baxter" <truthseeker...@lycos.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 3:58:25 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Bill Maher's hilarious take on the Henry Louis Gates
affair

        Keith, one of my first thoughts into that was the concept that this
woman didn't know who her own neighbor was. Admittedly, I know three of the
fifty-seven families on my street by name (and I'm the block captain for this
part of my subdivision), but I know *everyone* by face. I know who does and
doesn't belong here. In this day and age, you'd think that this woman would've
as well.

affair