Weren't they, rave? My first dance with 60s SF was with the works of Aldiss and
Moorcock. I spent a year conducting full reality tests on my surroundings after
reading my first Jerry Cornelius novel.

 Subject : [scifinoir2] Re: What was the last SF novel you read that made you
go "WOW!"?

 Date : Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:40:54 -0000

 From : "ravenadal" <ravena...@yahoo.com>

 To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

"The Left Hand of Darkness" (1969) by Ursula Le Guin is a SF novel that totally
spun my head around. My writing is also heavily influenced by the "Croyd"
(1967)novels of Ian Wallace. For me, the concept of "up time" and "down time"
was like a hit of something uncut! But I read all of these novels at least a
decade before I read "Neuromancer." (My goodness! The sixties were a fertile
decade for mind-blowing SF!).

~rave!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds