I think that they like doing series because if it is successful they can
make a ton of money off of them domestically and in syndication. (plus
merchandising)

I think that if they were to reshoot some of the segments it could be
interesting. I don't think that the show could have worked after killing the
protagonist it felt as if they were doing a writing exercise.