Some (like the Quakers?) believe that mirrors and cameras capture your spirit.
If vamps have no souls, then no spirit to capture.

On Moonlight, the vamp images could be captured by digital cameras and
recorders, but not photo film or mirros.  Mick St. James provided an
explaination, but I forget what it was.

Angela