Reece, I saw about as much of that as I could stand last night. About four
minutes, all totaled.

You're right -- he doesn't get it, probably never will. Not sure if he'll mess
up again, but I'm certain that I don't care. Yes, he deserves a second chance.

So do all of those dogs who fought and died for his purposes. A shame they
won't get that...

I heard, well before he was even released from Jail, that the Eagles were
looking into signing him. (The whisper-stream is a wonderful thing.) To the
friend who passed me that tidbit, I replied that, should this come to fruition,
I'd cease being an Eagles fan, which I've been since the mid-60s.

Well, it happened. And into the garbage went my Ron Jaworski #7 jersey. (Made
all the worse is the strong possibility that Vick may be given the number.)

If I may dip into the world of sports as it relates to this topic, this is a
dumb-a$$ move on the Eagles' part for two reasons:

1) Philly fans are notoriously merciless. I can remember going to a
Phillies-Mets game at the Vet, when Mike Schmidt played. I've had the honor of
meeting him since, and a finer man you're unlikely to meet. Entering that game,
Schmidt was in the middle of a bad hitting slump, and was spoken of by fans
using terms that might make the leathernecks among us blush.

That night, he went 3-for-4 and drove in two runs.

The following night, he had two more hits.

They *still* spoke horribly of the man.

Now, throw in Vick, after what he's done? Lincoln Financial Field will have to
hire extra security everytime he sets foot on the field.

And 2) the Eagles need another quarterback about as much as I need mental-stim
drugs. They *do*, however, need O-linesmen (three of them hurt, one out for the
season, last I heard) and linebackers (two hurt, one done for the year)

Mental Giant, Jeff Lurie is. :P

(relinquishing soapbox, wishing I'd had someone sell that jersey for me on
evilBay instead)