Remind me to cry for the Cult one of these aeons, Mr Worf.

"If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in bloody
hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
From: hellomahog...@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:19:05 -0700
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] foreplay

                  Some are troublemakers, others are curious, but a few do it
because they are looking for info. For example, there are many companies and
famous people that use twitter. (although for the life of me I don't know why
anyone would use it. There is very little security!!) Hacking the right account
could get you some valuable info.

One of my favorite hacking stories is a group of hackers that decided that they
were going to take on the Church of Scientology. This has been going on for
about 10 years now off and on. It started with them attacking Scientology IRC
(Internet Relay chat) groups then escalated to shutting down their website with
Denial of Service attacks. (DOS) The church got the FBI involved so the hackers
hacked their church computers and downloaded copies of the church's "secret
records" and member lists, then posted them online.

A few months ago a new battle started on Wikipedia with the hackers changing
their Wikipage. The church retaliated and a posting war started between the
church and anonymous hackers. This continued to the point where Wikipedia
blocked the entire ISP for the Church of Scientology.

(no offense to any scientologists)

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Reece Jennings <mcjennings...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I guess
they go where the people are, huh?

Hackers are busy suckers these days. Tinyurl, Facebook, Twitter...