(sorry no pic!)

An homage to Homer, African style

<http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/reuters.com.dart/news/odd/article;type=featured_broker;sz=170x40;articleID=USTRE57K3GS20090821;ord=0075?>

LUANDA (Reuters) - An Angolan advertising agency has given Homer Simpson and
his family an African makeover, raising eyebrows among fans of one of
America's most cherished sitcoms.

The Simpsons, broadcast in more than 90 countries, have always been
portrayed as yellow but the advertising agency, Executive Center in Luanda,
decided to turn them brown in a promotional video aired by Africa's digital
satellite TV service DSTV in Angola.

Homer, Marge, Lisa and Bart are portrayed as Africans sitting on their
over-used family couch. The family is shown wearing African-inspired
clothing and their living room has little more than two huge loud speakers.

Even Homer's cherished beer has been replaced by Cuca, the Budweiser of
Angola.

"Couldn't they have left Marge's hair blue?" said Ryan, a blogger, in a post
below a picture of Marge with a jet black afro hairdo.

The creative director of Executive Center, Antonio Pascoa, said: "Our goal
was to adapt the satirical parody of the typical middle-class American
family to Angola.

"If people don't like it than I guess they don't have a sense of humor big
enough to enjoy the Simpsons."

(Reporting by Henrique Almeida)

--
Bringing diversity to perversity for 9 years!