From: African-Americans in Higher Education
[mailto:afam...@listserv.muohio.edu] On Behalf Of Dr. Safisha Hill
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 8:39 PM
To: afam...@listserv.muohio.edu
Subject: [AFAMHED] Who's Afraid of Obama

Folk who are referred to as "right wing" are losing their damn
minds....while I am not an expert on politics...I think I have some level of
common sense...and it seems to me that a number of white  "conservative,
republicans" and a few hand picked negroes are terrified of a black man in
the white  house. Not only are they criticizing everything he does, but have
also launched attacks on his family, some have even gone so far as to
publicly refer to his wife as a bitch and folk are still mad because
Michelle Obama can go sleeveless, wear shorts, and  hugged the Queen of
England..... It is commonly known that President Obama has and continues to
receive more death threats than any other President, and you have one white
minister who is publicly praying for Obama's death.

FEAR OF A BLACK MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE

The racist governor of Texas and other fools are talking about seceding,
crazy white men are taking loaded guns to rallies where President Obama is
speaking, and one fool even bragged that he was a right winged
terrorist.(and was not arrested or questioned by law enforcement
officers....and you got folk suggesting that Obama was not born in the
United States and therefore, he cannot legitable be the President...guess
they forgot that Hawaii is a part of the United States...

FEAR OF A BLACK MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE

Now these same idiots are shaking in their boots because Obama is daring to
address school aged children on the importance of education....these folk
are now claiming that they are "concerned" about the curriculum that goes
along with the speech, and that Obama may be able to hypnotize children into
supporting the public option health care plan, or anything else he pushes.
I don't recall any outrage when Reagan, Daddy Bush and Curious George Bush
address school children, but folk (excuse me...some white right wing
conservative republican and a couple of lost negro folk) are outraged
(excuse me...terrified) of their children  hearing Obama...could it be that
the real fear is the children might be IMPRESSED with Obama...and see him as
a REAL ROLE MODEL...

FEAR OF A BLACK MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE

But wait...I wonder if these same parents who are threatening to pull their
children out of school in those districts that will show the broadcast have
asked to see the school curriculum.  I wonder how many of them know exactly
what their child studied in their math, science, language arts and social
studies classes this past week....better yet...how many of them ASK to see
the curriculum...and the daily lesson plan for each class

FEAR OF A BLACK MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE

Folks are screaming that they opose government interferring...but wait...if
a child attends public/charter schools...aren't they benefiting from the
government...after all schools receive funding from federal and state
government...there are saying THEIR country is being taken away from
them....Yeah..I think folk are losing their minds... If you have been
following the news, you may have seen the clip of the woman  (actually a
white woman) at a town hall meeting who was in a wheelchair, sharing
information about her experience with health care...all the time she was
being heckled by some in the audience...one man was yelling at her to "'ask
your question"...then he later said to a reporter that he guess a women in a
wheelchair has more rights than he does.  Sad.

One final thought...if these folk are in fear of a black man in the white
house...what do they think about you....after all, you are educated...some
of you are considered to be "highly educated"..Wonder what these same people
think about you when you drive around town in your nice car and pull up to
your nice house. These folk in Texas and now in Georgia don't seem to be
concerned about those who cannot afford health insurance and would benefit
from a public option...I can't help but wonder what these  nuts in Texas
plan to do with the colored folk here in their quest for secession.  Just so
you know..I ain't going down without a fight...and I believe in public
option for health insurance....folk who have lost their jobs, also lose
their insurance..which means that if they need medical care, they are simply
SOL....It is even  worse for folk who have pre-existing health
conditions....

Who's afraid of Obama..a black man in the white house...? Could be your
neighbor, your co worker...might even be you....This is an interesting time
in history....lets all pay close attention....the attacks on President
Obama....may soon filter down to you....

Aluta Continua..The Struggle Continues...

Dr. Safisha Nzingha Adeleke Hill, (Pamela)

Director of Education

The Act of Change, Inc., Institute of Cultural Arts

Dallas, TX 214 372-3500

"The primary tool of our oppression is mis-education by our oppressors.

We must regain control over the primary education and socialization

of our children"

Dr. Asa G. Hilliard III