Agreed. That word "slaughter" keeps troubling me.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mr. Worf" <hellomahog...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:46:24 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Re: English school children vote to slaughter pet
lamb raised from birth

I suspect that it was the writer's point of view that seeped into the article.
They are making it into something that it wasn't. First off, who would give
this info to the press? The school? Or an outraged parent? It was a vote of 13
to 1. There are a lot of assumptions being made in the story that is somewhat
leading the readers.

It is starting to sound a bit like PETA to me.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Keith Johnson < keithbjohn...@comcast.net >
wrote:

Are we sure the kids were all cavalier and uncaring? It said they voted--and
the use of the word "slaughter", here, at least, carries major
implications--but doesn't really say what the process was like. Maybe they
thought it was the right thing to do, regretably. Maybe they weighed the one
life against the many it would save. Don't know...