In the 2nd film of the Hanzo series, we follow Hanzo as he investigates the
death of a young woman no matter where the clues take him. He is still just
as disciplined and masochistic as the first film, but in this film we get to
see more sword play than the first film. The only comparison that I can
think of to this movie is the Dirty Harry series. However, don't be fooled
by that comparison. Hanzo is a little darker, and slightly more twisted. The
writers of this movie seem to be making a pointed social statement here at
the Japanese government.

Overall, this movie isn't as over the top as the original. (most never are)
It seems to be much more like all of the other martial art films out there
with a few scenes of torture and bondage.  However, you get to learn a
little more about the character and what makes him tick. I look forward to
the next film.

Rated: NR (NR means not reviewed by the MPAA)

Pros: Hanzo's masochistic workout, temple priestess, sword fights

Cons: It felt like it was ripping off the first film.

2.8 out of 5

--
Bringing diversity to perversity for 9 years!