I think that at some point in the last 20 years Hollywood stopped caring
about what it was doing. Maybe because some people got tired of seeing
people get over with a huge blockbuster with no effort, but a movie with a
lot of work, writing and research gets overlooked. I also think that the
nature of broadcast tv has something to do with it as well. Too many
channels take away ratings money from channels.

Last night I read a short article in DV (Digital Video August 2009) magazine
from Fred Olen Ray. He was the producer and director of many of the Syfy
channel movies such as Megaconda, Reptitarus. Basically all of the bad
films. His whole focus is on producing movies for the straight to video and
tv market, so he has been intentionally trying to get the lowest cost camera
setup and production costs as he can and still make it "look" like a movie.
Appalling but I think I understand.

--
Bringing diversity to perversity for 9 years!