"If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in bloody
hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
From: hellomahog...@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:13:27 -0700
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Judge accepts jerk chicken meal over original
sentence

                  That reminds me of Oakland a few years back. They were
confiscating cars from people above and beyond what was necessary. If you were
pulled over with a woman in your car in "particular neighborhoods" they could
say that the woman you were with was a prostitute and impound your car. How
they arrived at that conclusion was a little muddy and a few people sued the
city of Oakland over it and won. Basically it was an abuse of power.

Would be nice, but I've never heard of a single challenge to it.