No complaints from me. And I'm so glad that the kid changed his name...

"If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in bloody
hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
From: tdli...@multiculturaladvantage.com
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 02:53:33 -0800
Subject: [scifinoir2] Time-travel movie next for Bowie's director son, Duncan
Jones?

Fresh off his British Independent Film Award wins for Best Film and Best
Debut Director this week for his low-budget mini-masterpiece Moon,
Duncan Jones (formerly known as Zowie Bowie, son of rocker David Bowie) is
gearing up to tackle the SF thriller Source Code. According to a Tweet
from Production
Weekly, Jones will start pre-production in a few weeks and will film this
spring in Montreal.

Variety reports that Source Code is the story of a
soldier who finds himself repeatedly placed in the body of another person just
before the detonation of a bomb on a commuter train. Prince of Persia's
Jake Gyllenhaal, currently starring in the drama Brothers with Natalie
Portman and Tobey Maguire, has been in negotiations to play the lead, replacing
Topher Grace.

SF fans could say that this premise seems like a cocktail of Quantum Leap
Groundhog's Day, and the time-travel show Seven Days. But if Jones
showed such chops taking established SF tropes and making them seem fresh in
Moon,
do you think he can pull off the premise of Source Code?

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/whats-next-for-moon-direc.php#more

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/