Well it's a remake of a series that predates Lost. Does that help? LOL

It feels nothing like Lost. Very different characters and very different
motivations for their actions. With 99% of the world dead by the end of episode
one it gets to the meat of the series pretty quickly.

If I'd compare the feel to any show it would be Jericho. Some of the same
problems and struggles but with a lot less people and guns.