I hope it's not impolite for me to say this, but I'm going to stop spitting on
Comscum and begin urinating on them instead.

"If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in bloody
hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
From: tdli...@multiculturaladvantage.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:26:09 -0800
Subject: [scifinoir2] Twitter Won't Make You Suck Less. Ask Comcast

I creating a social media strategy for our blog http://greeneconomypost.com.
On one of
the articles they use Comcast as an example of what not to do.  Since there are
so many Comscum/Comcrap fans here, I thought this part of the post might
interest you

You can read the full post at

http://outspokenmedia.com/social-media/twitter-wont-make-you-suck-less/

If you saw TechCrunch this morning you read the post about how Twitter
changed the culture of Comcast. How “Famous Frank” helped the
company become more responsive to customers and altered the conversation.
He’s right; they have changed the conversation. Now when people talk
about how badly Comcast sucks, they preface it with how responsive the company
is. Comcast hasn’t learned anything. They’re just shelling out more
bandaids.

Often – used, dirty bandaids.

Last year Rebecca Kelley
shared an experience she had with Comcast where they refused to cancel her NBA
League Pass because the season had already started. Like any red-blooded
American, Becs went to Twitter to express her rage after attempts to phone the
company had failed. The moment she hit Twitter, the situation was resolved and
her account was credited. She
was placated. Happy, even. Until this year when they charged her for the
exact same package she had canceled a year ago.

There’s a difference between hearing and forgetting, and listening and
responding. Comcast hasn’t learned or fixed anything.

 The service still sucks.
 Their installers suck.
 Their customer representatives suck.
 It’s still impossible
     to get a hold of anyone WITHOUT resorting to social media

My history with men has taught me that a guy can only cook you dinner once
to say, “I’m sorry”. After that, he’s not sorry. He just
knows that cooking you dinner gets him out of trouble. Comcast has been cooking
you dinner for a year and a half.

You’re probably cooking a lot of people dinner, too.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/