This bugs me. There are great African American owned businesses but our own
people will not shop there unless it is like x or y.

There are some things that AA businesses do to shoot themselves in the foot
though. One is bad or inconsistent customer service and quality. That can be
quality of food or whatever. Providing good quality service without getting
bogged down in drama or other things is problematic for AA businesses.

Also, there is a tendency within the AA community to not go back to a
business after one bad experience. You never hear about people doing that to
Mc Donalds. There seems to be brainwashing that has taken place where we
simply will not support our own.