I am not depressed by the probability that we, mankind, have already traveled
too far down the road of no return.  I call this the "The Day the Earth Stood
Still" Conundrum.  In other words, I was rooting for Keanu Reeves' character
and the plan to save the planet earth by eradicating all human life.  Even
without extraterrestrial intervention, the earth is a self-cleaning oven, and
mankind's days are numbered.  The seventh extinction is well under way. This is
not a bad thing.

~rave!