A little more in the Education of Martin. I'll have to look more kindly upon
Oklahoma from now on.

"If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in bloody
hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
From: hellomahog...@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:18:16 -0800
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Re: AT&T U-verse Doomed?

      The upper limit for fiber optic is over 1000 mbs. There are techniques
where the could push it even higher than that. 1000mbs is just a standard and
it has been around for 10 years. The last speed record was well over 2500.

It all comes down to spending the money to update the signal boosters. ATT may
not want to spend the money without help from the feds. Verizon's FIOS system
runs at 50mbs down and 5mbs up. Which is better than anything else on the
market right now.

Oklahoma is an internet hub that links the west coast to the rest of the
country. Most of the universities are redundant pieces of the web that
automatically fills in if a hub goes down.

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Martin Baxter <truthseeker...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Whom the heck's in Oklahoma, aside from college kids, and why do they (everyone
there who isn't in college) need such bandwidth?