http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/its-a-deal-tom-cruise-in-mi4-for-paramount/

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures today will clinch has clinched its deal with Tom
Cruise to reprise his role as Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible 4. Cruise will
produce the film with J.J. Abrams. They are looking for a director, but
screenwriters Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec are already attached to write the
script. The intention is to make this Cruise's next film and start shooting by
summer for a Memorial Day 2011 weekend release. And I can definitively say
that, despite chatter to the contrary, MI4 will be very much of an Ethan Hunt
pic with Cruise as the main character. Gee, remember the bad old days when
Cruise and Paramount parent company Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone were on the
outs? Guess that old Hollywood saying is as true as ever: "I'll never work with
him again -- until I need him." I hear Paramount is really excited about
relaunching the franchise, which has grossed over $1.4 billion globally. "Tom
and J.J. are great talents and we are excited to be working with them to
re-launch this legendary franchise," said Paramount Pictures Chairman & CEO
Brad Grey. I'm told the MI4 deal has been restructured (i.e. brought down to
earth) to make it more like recent Industry tentpole deals where everyone
shares the risk. MI4 is being co-financed by David Ellison's Skydance
Productions. Cruise just completed the film Knight and Day for 20th Century Fox
with a July 2nd release date. It has James Mangold directing and Cameron Diaz
co-starring.