It made no sense to kill him off and then have 18 other characters using some
variation or take on his powerset.

Something that would have been interesting that they sort of touched on is that
seers seemed to arise when needed. His gift should have been uncopyable. It
would have been great if Peter and Sylar both failed at replicating his powers.

I think killing off Adam Monroe was a mistake. In the hands of a better writer
he could have been their Vandal Savage.

Sylar was popular but overused. Flipping him between hero and villain so many
times for no real reason weakened the character. It would have been bad for
Quinto but good for the show if he was kept offstage more.

Use your brain. Some of the problems with the show just go back to lazy writing
and lack of continuity. Why was Nathan Petrelli's second death an issue? Both
Claire and Sylar's blood could have easily "fixed" him again but everyone
conveniently forgot that fact.

Whatever happened to the invisible man?

I'll stop now.