Although the name of the movie has a scifi sound to it, it is actually a
police drama starring Williem Defoe as an aging detective that is just
waiting for retirement when he pulled into investigating a copy cat killer
that us mimicking a serial killer in New York City. The killer leaves his
victims on display as part of incredible Renaissance camera obscura
exhibits.

The title is short for Anamorphosis a style of technique that takes a
painting and depending on the perspective angel of the viewer alters the
image into something else entirely. Very cool stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anamorphosis

Overall, the movie was pretty interesting because the killer's methods is
something that has never been explored in a cop drama that I know of. Which
makes it cool. However, there is a lot of the movie that is a bit off
because of the way things were handled by the main character. The audience
is often left in the dark with communication between the main character and
the rest of the department. You never really know if he told him everything
or just kept it all to himself. Still pretty interesting. I say check it
out.

It is showing on IFC this month.