Sometimes the classic can provide more hours of fun then anything else.
--Dax
I love mankind--it's people I can't stand.

From: Keith Johnson
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 12:44 AM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] The Atari Flashback 2!

Ditto! I have my Sega Genesis and my Super Nintendo.  When I play games I tend
to go to them more than my PS2. I'm a sucker for old-fashioned side scrolling
fighting and space games. So for my Genesis I pull out gems like "Gunstar
Heroes" (by a company called "Treasure" that did another side scroller I love,
the space game "Thunderforce III"). I thrill to a side scrolling fighting
series called "Streets of Rage" ("Bare Knuckle" in Japan). I *love* a really
crude but fun racing series called "Road Rash", where one drives a motorcycle
in a race in several cities around the world. In the game you get to punch,
kick, club, and tase your opponents. Game is full of pixelation and crude
sounds, but it's so much fun. And can't forget the original "Sonic the
Hedgehog"!  On the SNES, it's Contra III, a great vertical scrolling space game
named "Space Megaforce", a very simplistic but really fun RPG called
"Actraiser" (childishly simply RPG, but amazing orchestral music), "Metroid".
And "Super Tetris"? Man, I can sit for hours getting lost in that game.

Several friends of mine keep on me to buy a PS3, but I just haven't found the
justification yet.