http://blackgeekdom.com/blog/2010/03/24/angela-bassett-joins-green-lantern/

Angela Bassett has been cast as Dr. Amanda Waller in Green Lantern, starring
Ryan Reynolds.  We last saw Dr. Waller on Smallville being played by Pam Grier.
 Dr. Waller is a behind the scenes player in the D.C. universe manipulating the
likes of Bruce Wayne, Superman and even Lex Luthor.  She works for the U.S.
Government and has been involved in the shadowy governmental agencies like
Checkmate and Suicide Squad.  I like both actresses and I like both actresses
in the role.  It would have been a nice touch to have Pam do both, but I'm sure
there were other considerations involved.