I saw "Alice" and I was powerfully underwhelmed.  Unlike my "Avatar"
experience, the glasses was large and clunky and whole thing felt like watching
a movie through one of those old View-masters.  The colors and "3-D" were also
reminiscent of View-master viewing.

Oddly, I was more enchanted by the flashbacks featuring Alice first Wonderland
visit as a young girl.

I will say Helena Bonham Carter is a big-headed hoot as the Red Queen and
Crispin Glover is appropriately dastardly as her wicked knave.

~(no)rave!