Depends on the family. Not every victim family is for the death penalty but
the every time they show something like that on tv they show the families
that are for it.

Also, the type of crime doesn't always fit. For example, I mentioned the
story about a guy that ran a financial fraud scheme. He was sentenced with
800+ years. Meanwhile, a guy that committed a rape or assault will receive a
lot less time.