From: "Mike Street" <streetfor...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:46:45 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] New Dr. Who Premieres Saturday on BBC America!

I saw the first episode a few weeks ago and it wasn't really that good. I don't
really like the new Dr. at all. He's a bit boring. I liked Eccleston and Tenant
right off from their appearances but Matt has grown on my yet. I also think the
quality of the quality of the writing has gone down.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Keith Johnson < keithbjohn...@comcast.net >
wrote:

Holy crap, i almost overlooked this! For some reason I thought the new Doctor
wasn't premiering until June, but it's airing tomorrow night?! I listened to a
"Slice of SciFi" podcast recently about it. The crew there had already seen the
first ep, "The Eleventh Hour". Doubters all, they really like the new Doctor.
The fear was that he was too young and would be too boyish and goofy. However,
they were surprised to discover that this new Doctor is more professorial, more
fastidious than Tenant or Eccleston's portrayals. They saw he looks young, but
actually acts old, and reminds them of a throwback to a couple of the earlier
incarnations. I think at least one of them was an older guy who was a
combination of crotchety, deadly serious? (Martin would know).
Should be interesting...

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/index.jsp

Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide

Original Air Date: April 17, 2010
SYNOPSIS

Just in time for the U.S. premiere of Doctor Who, journey into the Doctor Who
universe with BBC AMERICA's original program, Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide.
The program is an original, all-access look inside the world's biggest, most
successful sci-fi television program. Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide premieres
Saturday, April 17th at 8 pm/7c on BBC AMERICA, followed by the series premiere
of the new Doctor Who at 9pm/8c.

Episode 1 - The Eleventh Hour

Written by: Steven Moffat
Directed by: Adam Smith
Original Air Date: April 17, 2010
SYNOPSIS

The Doctor has regenerated into a brand new man, but danger strikes before he
can even recover. With the TARDIS wrecked, and the sonic screwdriver destroyed,
the new Doctor has just twenty minutes to save the whole world - and only Amy
Pond to help him.

--
Get Social and Follow Me:

Join me on Facebook